Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

My Trip Recount

On Thursday in week 3 of school tumu hub went on a trip to margaret mahy. We also went to victoria square, rode a waka and saw the Māori mats. We went there to learn about the Māori culture for our PBL. The first thing Rata did was go to Victoria Square with Mrs Brown. She taught us about king captain cook. He was the first one to find New Zealand and the first person to make the New Zealand map. Next we went to Margaret Mahy with Mrs Carney and we learnt about the story along the playground. Then we went to feed the tuna and see the mats.


My favourite part of the trip was feeding the tuna. We fed them big gooey pieces of cat food and they came to the top of the dirty water to eat the food. Tuna is another word for eals and they are very skinny sea animals. 


Something I learnt was how to use a paddle for the waka. The leaders yelled commands for us to do. We had to put our paddle up, down, 45 degrees, angle and start paddling. Francesca was my buddy for the aka because it had to have 2 on one part otherwise the boat balance would be unbalanced. 


The thing I found the most interesting was the story around margaret mahy playground. I think the artists have put a lot of effort into the playground. It has a beautiful song around as well. They imbebed the carvings into the concrete. Another interesting thing was how the eels swim all the way down to tonga  to have there babies.


This trip has helped me with my PBL because now when I have to write about my trip and what i learnt I will now be able to tell them everything about the trip. I has also helped me to work together in a team more.


How was your trip when you went to Margaret Mahy playground?


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Bronte,
    I love how you have added the thing you found the most interesting, something you learnt, what we did and how this trip helped you with your PBL. I loved going to Margret Mahy playground my favourite part of the trip was feeding the tuna. Next time make sure you have capital letters at the start of Margaret and Mahy because it is a name.If you got to go back to the city again what one of the things we did would you want to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      I would go back to the waka and the tuna because that was my favourite part of our trip!

      what would you like to go back to?

      thanks for commenting Beth.

      - Bronte

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post